The Bike dump is a volunteer-run community bicycle education space. We offer:
- Tools and space to fix your bike
- A stock of recycled bike frames and parts from which to build yourself a bike
- Volunteers to help guide you through repairs, or with a bike-building project
- Refurbished, recycled bicycles for sale on a sliding scale
- Monthly bicycle repair workshops
- To make cycling – and bicycle repair knowledge – accessible to everyone
- To organize ourselves transparently, democratically, and non-hierarchically
- To offer creative alternatives to auto dependency and its consequences (urban sprawl, lack of exercise, lack of community, crappy t.v. commercials, and so on)
Open Shop Hours
- Sunday 1-4pm (open holidays)
- Monday 6-9pm Women + Queer identifying only (closed on holidays/long weekends)
- Tuesday 6-9pm
Additionally, we are open on Thursday (6:30-9pm) for volunteers to work on their own bikes, and other Bike Dump related items. If you wish to donate parts or bikes, we’re able to accept them then too; but we will not be available for the general public to perform bike work.
We hold hands-on workshops on a variety of bike-related topics. Workshops are FREE and don’t require prior registration unless noted.
October 23rd – Bottom Brackets
We are at the back of the Red Road Lodge (631 Main) at the corner of Logan and Main street. Look for the courtyard at the South-East corner of the building.
You’re best off looking at THE MAP.
Feel free to contact us by email or post on our Facebook Page where volunteers and Bike Dump patrons can answer questions you might have.
However, first check out our FAQ’s on our contact page, as you may have your questions answered there.