- Due to COVID-19, we are closed to the public. Volunteers are answering questions via Facebook messages. We miss you all!
- Our working alone policy states that “Volunteers will not open up or do bicycle work at the shop alone.”
- We will not help repair any bicycles that have been completely spray-painted over, that have their serial numbers ground off, or that have any other indicators that the bike may be stolen. Thank you for your understanding!
The Bike Dump is a volunteer-run community bicycle education space. We offer:
- Tools and space to fix your bike The Bike Dump is a volunteer-run community bicycle education space. We offer:
- A stock of recycled bike frames and parts from which to build yourself a bike
- Volunteers to help guide you through repairs, or with a bike-building project
- Refurbished, recycled bicycles for sale on a sliding scale
- Bicycle repair workshops
- To make cycling – and bicycle repair knowledge – accessible to everyone by working to reduce social, knowledge, and economic based barriers
- To organize ourselves transparently, democratically, and non-hierarchically
- To offer creative alternatives to auto dependency and its consequences (urban sprawl, lack of exercise, lack of community, crappy t.v. commercials, and so on)