The Bike dump is a volunteer-run community bicycle education space. We offer:
- Tools and space to fix your bike
- A stock of recycled bike frames and parts from which to build yourself a bike
- Volunteers to help guide you through repairs, or with a bike-building project
- Refurbished, recycled bicycles for sale on a sliding scale
- Monthly bicycle repair workshops
- To make cycling – and bicycle repair knowledge – accessible to everyone
- To organize ourselves transparently, democratically, and non-hierarchically
- To offer creative alternatives to auto dependency and its consequences (urban sprawl, lack of exercise, lack of community, crappy t.v. commercials, and so on)
OPEN SHOP HOURS (Spring 2014)
Monday 6-9pm (Women + Queer identifying only)
2014 Summer WORKSHOPS
We hold Hands-on workshops on a variety of bike-related topics. Workshops are FREE and don’t require prior registration unless noted.
All wednesdays 6-8 pm aside from june 215th wheel build.
Spring tunes ups Riley April 16th
Bike Touring – Geoff – April 30th
Gears – Greg – May 21
Single Speeding – Woozley – May – 28
Wheel Building – Graham – SUNDAY June 15th – 6-9 pm -RSVP req’d
Wheel Truing – Jordan – June 18th
Bike Fit & Adjustment – Camille – June 25
Brakes – Robin – July 16
Disc Brakes – Nolan? – July 23
Hubs – Pat – August 20
Bottom Brackets – Janice – August 27
Tubes & Tires – Dan – Sept 17
Headsets – Geoff – Sept 24
3 spd internal hubs – Dan Scouten – Oct 15
Winterizing your bike – Robin – Oct 22
We are at the back of the Red Road Lodge at the corner of Logan and Main street. Look for the courtyard at the Southeast corner of the building.
You’re best off looking at THE MAP.
Feel free to contact us by email
However, first check out our FAQ’s on the Contact page.
You may have your questions answered there.