Covid 19 update: we are closed
- The Bike Dump is closed for all patron activities until further notice. We miss you all!
- During this time, we are unable to create appointments or receive donations.
- For bike repair and to volunteer we encourage you to visit the WRENCH: Public Open Shop – Thursdays 12-5:30 pm at 1057 Logan Ave (near McPhillips) | 204 296 3389 | Facebook
The Bike Dump is a volunteer-run community bicycle education space. We offer:
- Tools and space to fix your bike The Bike Dump is a volunteer-run community bicycle education space. We offer:
- A stock of recycled bike frames and parts from which to build yourself a bike
- Volunteers to help guide you through repairs, or with a bike-building project
- Refurbished, recycled bicycles for sale on a sliding scale
- Bicycle repair workshops
- To make cycling – and bicycle repair knowledge – accessible to everyone by working to reduce social, knowledge, and economic based barriers
- To organize ourselves transparently, democratically, and non-hierarchically
- To offer creative alternatives to auto dependency and its consequences (urban sprawl, lack of exercise, lack of community, crappy t.v. commercials, and so on)
- *Currently closed due to COVID 19*
- Sunday 1-4 pm (open holidays)
- Monday 6-9 pm Women, Queer, and Trans identifying folks only (closed on holidays/long weekends)
- Tuesday 6-9 pm
- Our working alone policy states that “Volunteers will not open up or do bicycle work at the shop alone.”
- We will not help repair any bicycles that have been completely spray-painted over, that have their serial numbers ground off, or that have any other indicators that the bike may be stolen. Thank you for your understanding!